There is a new toy aisle at Target and I am head over heels for it… and so are my kiddos. It features some of our new family favorite games from Chuckle & Roar. Games for kids such as charades, matching, puzzles, and so much more. But wait! Before you go and buy them all (like I almost did), let me tell you what our favorite games are.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by Chuckle & Roar. All opinions are entirely my own from the products my daughter’s and I chose to purchase and try. There are affiliate links in this post. To learn more about how affiliate links work please read our Disclosure Policy. Thank you for using our links and for your support.
ABOUT CHUCKLE & ROAR
Chuckle and Roar is the new line of interactive and educational games for kids that is found at Target. They are by far the best games we have ever played. They are fun, easy to play, affordable, and many work on their skills such as motor skills, education, memory and much more. How awesome is that? You have fun learning.
The very best thing about their games is that they are affordable. According to their website, they aim to keep the prizes of their games between $2.99 and $14.99. Majority of them are below $9.99. I can see all you moms dancing right about now! haha But wait, there is more! These innovative games for kids are a twist of old school games (classic games), new games, and some very familiar games like Crazy 8 and Slap Jack.
HOW WE USE OUR CHUCKLE & ROAR GAMES
Many of the games we bought from Chuckle and Roar are a perfect fit for our homeschooling routines. I can easily let Isabelle make puzzles while I am teaching Bella a class or visa versa. During our break times we will grab a game and play. Bella loves to play Old Maid and Isabelle’s favorite is Scoops.
From their huge selection of games to choose from, there is a game for anywhere you go. Whether you are on the hiking trail outdoors or camping, on a family road trip, homeschooling, or just burning time at home, you won’t be disappointed.
OUR FAVORITE GAMES
When picking out the games, I made sure to choose a mix of fun games, card games, educational games, and more. My goal was to make sure I had games for all of our family needs. The games for kids that we chose are:
- Chuckle & Roar 4pk of Tray Puzzles – 12 and 24 pieces
- Scoop Up – Ice Cream Collecting Game
- Family Charades Game
- Scavenger Hunt Game
- Chuckle & Roar 4pk of Classic Card Games: Old Maid, Spoons, Matching and Crazy 8s
- Chuckle & Roar 4pk of Classic Card Games: Go Fish, Slap Jack, War and Pass & Match
BEST GAMES FOR KIDS DURING HOMESCHOOL
When choosing games for our homeschool days my goal is to make sure that they are educational, fun and help with skills. Some of the main skills I want to make sure to cover is memory and motor skills. I am happy to say that Chuckle and Roar have a great variety. Some of these even include toddler games all the way up to middle school. Here are a few of our favorites along with a few others that are perfect for your homeschooling days.
- Scoop Up – This is perfect for a fun math class. The objective of the game is to collect 10 scoops of ice cream but each scoop you collect has to be a larger number than the one you have at the top of your ice cream cone. Whoever gets to 10 scoops first wins. We use this game a lot during Math class as it helps the girls learn about numbers and their values.
- Tray Puzzles (4pack: 2 12 piece and 2 24 piece puzzles) – We absolutely love using these during our homeschool days. They are perfect for keeping one of them busy while I am finishing class with the other one. Puzzles are beneficial for motor and memory skills. We definitely love doing puzzles in our house so when we saw this 4 pack I knew we had to grab it.
- Classic Card Games: Old Maid, Spoons, Matching and Crazy 8s – This is a fun card game. It comes with four different games all in one. Our favorite ones out of this pack for homeschooling is Matching.
OTHER GAMES YOU CAN USE FOR YOUR HOMESCHOOL DAYS
- Pop It! – This is a fun interactive game that is perfect for sensory fun. There are two ways of playing this fun game.
- Shape Makers – This is a magnetic foam Tangrams game. It comes with multiple shape sizes and a few magnetic mats. You will take the shapes and place them on the mat to make the picture that is on it. This is a great way to learn about shapes and fine motor skills.
- ABC’s and 123’s Wood Puzzle – This is a perfect toddler game. It is a great way to learn the numbers and alphabet. These can also be placed in a sensory bin for additional educational fun.
- Jigsaw Puzzles (4pack: 48, 72 and 100 pieces) – We love the current set of puzzles that we have so we will be getting these in the near future. I didn’t grab them yet because my girls are still young. However, I think Bella would really enjoy the more difficult puzzles after seeing how fast she did the other ones.
BEST GAMES FOR KIDS ON ROAD TRIPS
We are a family that loves to travel. Our trips can be anything from 2 hours to over 12 hours so keeping our little ones busy and entertained during our trip can mean a world of a difference for us. In other words, less angry moments and more fun. Here are a few games for kids that we love and recommend for road trips. You can make it even more fun by buying small travel items like pencil, notebook, activity book, crayons and every time one of them wins a certain amount of games then they can pick a prize out of the travel treasure bag.
- Scavenger Hunt Game – This pack of scavenger hunts comes with three different types. There is one for the home, one for outside and one for road trips. The one for road trips covers things like street signs, parks, trees, vehicles, planes and much more. It is a scavenger hunt game with a fun twist as well.
- Classic Card Games: Go Fish, Slap Jack, War and Pass & Match – This fun game comes with four different card games all in one. Our favorite is Go Fish.
- Classic Card Games: Old Maid, Spoons, Matching and Crazy 8s – Our favorite ones out of this pack for road trips is Old Maid and Spoons.
OTHER GAMES FOR ROAD TRIPS
- Mega Maze: Portable Travel Mazes – This is the perfect way to keep your little ones minds active and busy. This collection of numerous mazes comes in a portable travel case making it the perfect road trip game for kids.
- Travel Bingo – We are a sucker for travel bingo games. This fun interactive game will keep your little ones busy throughout the entire road trip. There is so much to see especially if you win. We currently own a set of travel bingo cards so we decided not to grab this one yet but bet your butt that once these break I will be going to grab me this exact travel bingo game.
- Brain Teaser Cube – This is just like a Rubik cube but instead of it having 9 squares it has 4 squares making it easier for kids to do. Have you ever completed a Rubik cube? I swear that no matter how hard I tried I could never get it.
BEST GAMES FOR GETTING KIDS OUTSIDE
Now if you’ve been here before then you know that we are all about getting outside. Whether it is a walk around the neighborhood or a hike up a mountain. I am always trying to find the time to take my kids outdoors. Lucky for me, Chuckle and Roar has the perfect games for us.
- Scavenger Hunt Game – This pack of scavenger hunts comes with three different types. There is one for the home, one for outside and one for road trips. The one for outside covers things like bugs, trees, leaves, animals and so much more. It is a scavenger hunt game with a fun twist as well.
You can also take the any of the other games and play them on a picnic blanket. We love having picnics for lunch so when the weather is not as cold we will be taking all of our games and even homeschool work outdoors.
BEST GAMES FOR FAMILY GAME NIGHT
Game nights is something we love to do as a family. Chuckle and Roar has a good variety of card games and other games for kids and families that are the perfect fit for our family game nights. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Family Charades – This is by far one of our favorite games for kids and family. The best thing I like about this family charade game is that it is made for all ages. There are two versions for this game, the classic way and the switch way. The second deck, the switch deck, has photos on the top of what the first option of the charade is meaning that your little ones that still can’t read can still play and have fun with the rest of the family. This was a huge plus for us because Isa (Isabelle) is just now starting to learn how to read. Finding games that she can do as well was definitely key.
- Scavenger Hunt Game – This pack of scavenger hunts comes with three different types. There is one for the home, one for outside and one for road trips. The one for the house covers things that you will find around your home like a pen, notebook, apple, spoon and so much more. It is a scavenger hunt game with a fun twist as well.
- Classic Card Games: Go Fish, Slap Jack, War and Pass & Match – Learn more about this game under Best Games for Road Trips above.
OTHER GAMES FOR FAMILY GAME NIGHT
- Rock, Paper, Scissors, Pickles! – This is a fun classic game but with a twist. You will flip cards one by one till you both have cards of the same color. Then you rush to grab the winning character. But here is the twist! Pickles wins everything!
- Hot Potato – This is another fun classic game for kids. Bet of all, the hot potato is a cute fluffy stuffed potato.
- Jumbo Playing Cards – This is a full deck of cards but big in size! Jumbo sized to be exact.
Playing cards? Don’t forget to bring these nifty card holders for our little ones. 😉
WE LOVE CHUCKLE AND ROAR GAMES!
Can you tell? I absolutely love how interactive all of their games are. Playing these games also feels like I am going back to my childhood. Even though they have a twist to them, it still reminds me of all the great times I had playing games with my friends and family. This is exactly what I want my girls to remember. The fun times we had.
So many games to choose from! Is there any games for kids that really caught your eyes? Which one is your favorite?
Don’t forget that you can grab all of these fun games online at Target and when you spend $35 or more you will receive FREE 2 day shipping. Woot! Woot! I love me some FREE shipping.
You can check out more of our kid-travel tips and blog posts here if you’d like. Also, if you enjoyed this article feel free to sign up for our newsletter here (Free 21 page Camping Planner when you sign-up and full access to our TWM Tribe Resource Library which has monthly freebies and activities for you and your family) or follow our adventures on Instagram so you can stay up to date on upcoming travel adventures, tips, gear reviews, recipes and more. Don’t forget to share or pin to save it. Thank you for reading.