The other day I was watching my stories on Instagram and ran into one from Valeria from Water Thru Skin. She was talking about her delicious vegan toast which consisted of wheat bread, coconut oil, agave, and cinnamon. It was delicious. The following day I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw a delicious toast recipe consisting of bananas and peanut butter so I then decided to mix the two and create my own delicious toast. I wasn’t to sure about how it was going to come but after that first bite, I was in heaven.
- 1 banana
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter (get yours here or here)
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Raw Natural Honey (substitute with Agave for the vegan option)
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Wheat Bread (I used Arnold’s Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat)
- Toast two slices of wheat bread.
- Cut the banana in slices.
- Once the bread is toasted put coconut oil on the bread. Apply like you would with butter.
- Add the slices of banana on the toast.
- Add the almond butter on top of the bananas.
- Drizzle some honey over the top.
- Sprinkle a pinch of chia seeds and of flax seeds.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon to taste.
Where To Get Your Ingredients At
Some ingredients are easy to grab at your local grocery store such as the banana, cinnamon, honey, and whole wheat bread. There’s others on the other hand that may or may not be at your local grocery store. You can find them at a organic or whole foods store. You can also find them on Amazon or Thrive Market.
I like to use Thrive Market cause I can get all of my favorite organic products at a really discounted price. You can save anything from 20% to 50% off of your organic shopping. Best of all, no hassel on going to different stores trying to find them. They ship quickly and directly to your home.
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter: Thrive Market or you can get the small packets or the jar on Amazon.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: Thrive Market or Amazon
- Chia Seeds: Thrive Market or Amazon
- Flax Seeds: Thrive Market or Amazon