55 Outdoor Blog Post Ideas
It happens to the best of us. You sit down and plan your blogging schedule and just go blank. You think of what topics to write about and can't think of anything for the life of you. Trust me, I know. I have my fair share of blank moments. After overloading on coffee, I begin to jot down ideas after ideas but always seem to get nowhere.
One day I had a moment of inspiration. I decided to make a list of blog post ideas that I can rely on when I have no other topics in mind to talk about. These outdoor blog post ideas have helped me not only stay consistent with my blog, they have also helped me bring good content to my readers. Topics that I know my readers will enjoy to read and learn about. Anything from sharing tips to gear reviews and even travel guides and much more.
55 Outdoor Blog Post Ideas
- A camping, hiking, backpacking... trip.
- Your hiking, camping, backpacking... bucketlist.
- A State Park or National Park.
- A packing list.
- Must have gear for... hiking, camping, backpacking, etc...
- Things you wouldn't of thought of packing or should of packed.
- Gear reviews
- Tips for hiking, backpackingn camping, etc...
- A story from one of your trips. (Can be a funny story)
- Explaining Leave NO Trace.
- Caring for wildlife.
- Caring for nature.
- Best backpacking foods.
- Best camping foods or your go to menu.
- A good hot cocoa recipe.
- Your favorite way to eat s'mores (some people add peanut butter, fruits, dark chocolate, etc).
- How to blog about your adventures.
- A roadtrip or travel gudie.
- Roadtrip boredom busters.
- Winter outdoors.
- Summer outdoors.
- Staying safe outdoors.
- First Aid must haves.
- Trail food/snacks.
- Outdoor clothing/apparel.
- Coffee recipes for the great outdoors.
- Your blogging journey about the outdoors.
- Best places to visit in your state.
- Top places to visit in your country.
- Best places you have visited around the world.
- Top 10 Instagram pictures of the month, year, week...
- Top 10 blog posts you have published.
- Looking for tracks (or clues) when outdoors. (Deers, bears, etc...).
- Survival skills.
- Importance of hydration.
- Hiking, camping, kayaking with kids.
- Must haves when travelling with kids.
- Knowing your children's hiking limits.
- Hidden gems (make sure to keep them hidden for others to find).
- Waterfalls you have visited.
- Historic landmarks.
- Podcasts to listen to when on the trail.
- Music playlists when on the trail.
- Photography tips or editing tips.
- Camera gear for certain adventures like hiking, in the rain, snow, etc.
- About your camera gear and why you use each piece.
- Taking pictures while being in the picture.
- Traveling on a budget.
- Outdoor memberships or subscription box reviews (ex: REI, Cairn).
- Eco-friendly travel tips.
- Camera settings for certain types of photography.
- Your favorite trail and why.
- Traveling in groups.
- Women on the trail (you can talk about stuff that only women go through on the trail that make your life easier).
- Solo adventure tips and advice.
So there are 55 blog post ideas to keep your outdoor blog running consistently thorughout the years to come. Many of these you can do multiple blog posts. For example, one for hiking, one for backpacking, another one for camping or even rock climbing, you name it. You can even divide these up into different locations, travel guides, etc. The possibilities are infinite.
Another way to make the most of your blog, you can do multiple blog posts for one trip. I usually do a weekend trip and can get several blog posts out of it for the next 2-3 weeks. For instance, you can do a blog post for each hike you did. One for places to eat in the city you were in, one for the campground or park you camped at, and another one as a full weekend travel guide to the location you visited including all of them put together and linking back to the other more detailed posts.
If you want more blogging tips check out my other posts here.
Do you have any blog post ideas that I may have missed? Feel free to comment it below. I would love to hear them.