It happens to the best of us. You sit down and plan your blogging schedule and just go blank. You think of what are the best outdoor topics to write about and can’t think of anything for the life of you. Trust me, I know. I have my fair share of blank moments. After overloading on coffee, I begin to jot down ideas after ideas but always seem to get nowhere. Then one day it happened, I managed to make a list of all the best outdoor blog post ideas that came to mind. Now I’m here to share all of these outdoor blog ideas with you.
After a creative moment of jotting down all of the blog post ideas that came to mind, I got to work. As a result, these outdoor blog post ideas have helped me stay consistent with my blog. Not just that, they have also helped me bring good outdoor blog content to my readers. However, these are all topics that I know my readers, and your readers, will enjoy to read and learn more about. This list includes anything from sharing tips to gear reviews and even travel guides and much more. Take a look!
55+ OUTDOOR BLOG POST IDEAS
- A camping, hiking, backpacking… trip.
- Your hiking, camping, backpacking… bucketlist.
- A State Park or National Park.
- A packing list.
- Must have gear for… hiking, camping, backpacking, etc…
- Things you wouldn’t of thought of packing or should of packed.
- Gear reviews
- Tips for hiking, backpackingn camping, etc…
- A story from one of your trips. (Can be a funny story)
- Explaining Leave NO Trace. – I wrote about this here.
- Caring for wildlife.
- Caring for nature.
- Best backpacking foods. – I wrote about Outdoor Pantry here.
- Best camping foods or your go to menu. – I shared my favorite Turkey Sausage Pasta recipe here.
- A good hot cocoa recipe.
- Your favorite way to eat s’mores (some people add peanut butter, fruits, dark chocolate, etc).
- How to blog about your adventures.
- A road trip or travel guide.
- Road trip boredom busters. – I have this one if you want to check it out.
- Winter outdoors.
- Summer outdoors.
- How to stay safe outdoors.
- First Aid must haves.
- Best trail food/snacks.
- Outdoor clothing/apparel.
- Coffee recipes for the great outdoors.
- Your blogging journey about the outdoors.
- Best places to visit in your state.
- Top places to visit in your country.
- Best places you have visited around the world.
- Top 10 Instagram pictures of the month, year, week…
- Top 10 blog posts you have published. – I do this yearly just to share with my audience what the best posts are for that year. Here is one that I did for 2018.
- Looking for tracks (or clues) when outdoors. (Deers, bears, etc…).
- Survival skills.
- Importance of hydration.
- Hiking, camping, kayaking with kids.
- Must haves when travelling with kids. – I created a guide for hiking with babies and hiking with kids.
- Knowing your children’s hiking limits. – I created this Hiking Planning Guide to help other parents plan their hiking trips better.
- Hidden gems (make sure to keep them hidden for others to find).
- Waterfalls you have visited.
- Historic landmarks.
- Podcasts to listen to when on the trail.
- Music playlists when on the trail.
- Photography tips or editing tips.
- Camera gear for certain adventures like hiking, in the rain, snow, etc. – I talked about my love for GoPro before here.
- About your camera gear and why you use each piece.
- How to take amazing travel selfies.
- Traveling on a budget.
- Outdoor memberships or subscription box reviews (ex: REI, Cairn).
- Eco-friendly travel tips. – I share some conscious tips here.
- Camera settings for certain types of photography.
- Your favorite trail and why.
- Traveling in groups. – You can talk about proper etiquette when in a group setting outdoors.
- Women on the trail (you can talk about stuff that only women go through on the trail that make your life easier). – I wrote about female hygiene and how to deal with your period outdoors.
- Solo adventure tips and advice.
OTHER OUTDOOR BLOGGING TIPS
So there are 55+ blog post ideas to keep your outdoor blog running consistently throughout the year. Best of all, many of these you can do multiple blog posts. For example, one for hiking, one for backpacking, another one for camping or even rock climbing, you name it. You can even divide these up into different locations, travel guides, etc. The possibilities are infinite now.
Another way to make the most of your blog, you can do multiple blog posts for one trip. I usually do a weekend trip and can get several blog posts out of it for the next 2-3 weeks. For instance, you can do a blog post for each hike you did. One for places to eat in the city you were in, one for the campground or park you camped at, and another one as a full weekend travel guide to the location you visited including all of them put together and linking back to the other more detailed posts. However, this is all depending on your style of writing and your audience and how much content you have planned out for the month.
FREE “OUTDOOR BLOG POST IDEAS” PRINTABLE
I have added this entire list of outdoor blog post ideas to my Resource Library. You can get full access to this printable and much more when you sign up to our email list. Once you sign up you will receive the password to access the library. There is a Free 21 page Camping Planner in there as well to help you get ready for your next camping trip. 😉 You can also find activities for kids, packing guides, and much more.
Do you have any blog post ideas that I may have missed? Feel free to comment it below. I would love to hear them.
Want to learn more about blogging? You can check out all of my blogging tips here if you like. Follow our adventures on Instagram so you can stay up to date on upcoming travel adventures, tips, gear reviews, recipes and more. Don’t forget to share or pin to save it. Thank you for reading.