I am super excited to have been nominated by two different blogs in the same week for this award. This is my first blogging award and it feels great to be recognized for my hard work and photography and I hope to continue to inspire you to take extra ordinary adventures as well as care for this beautiful home we call planet Earth.
First off I want to thank Savanah Phillips over at A Millennial Spirit and Lamees Helal over at Artist Mother for nominating me for this amazing award. I really means a lot to me to know that there’s so many other bloggers who admire my work and everything I do here on my blog and social media. Head on over to their blog and show them some love for me.
I also want to thank YOU my family, friends, readers, followers, and admirers for everything that you do to keep me going here. Without your out pour of love and support during my blogging journey, I wouldn’t be where I am at today and I am eternally grateful.
My Blogging Story
Back in fall of 2015 I decided that I wanted to open a blog and kind of jumped on it. I was living in Hawaii at the time on the beautiful island of Oahu and was doing many hikes, trails, beach days, and lots of exploring around the island and felt it in my heart to open a blog. Probably should of done more research on everything but my urge to start it kind of took over. I wasn’t there about the money but about the hobby to do something, spread good vibes, show off amazing brands to my readers and followers, and be able to slowly inspire people to properly care for our planet.
I have an amazing husband who supports me on my crazy adventures and two little girls who have learned to love, appreciate, care, and enjoy our mother nature. By starting my blog I was also trying to get my family more outdoors. I was raised camping, hiking, and doing something outdoors every weekend and I wanted that for my girls too. My mom and dad always took me to parks, camping trips, and even have gone caving and rock climbing (so fun)! I am hoping that as my girls keep growing their passion for the love outdoors does too.
Besides being a blogger, I also make jewelry out of items I found out in nature. When I was living in Hawaii I made a lot of jewelry out of seashells and sea glass and now I am expanding my line to resin jewelry created with naturally pressed flowers, flower petals, and leaves that we find on the ground. This new line is still in the works but you can definitely check out my shop here.
Growing up, I also had a huge passion for animals. I always tried to keep every dog, cat, turtle, bird, etc. that we found. When I lived in Puerto Rico I used to take in homeless animals, get them vaccinated and find them a good forever home. I couldn’t bare the thought of seeing a sweet dog or cat out in the streets suffering. Believe it or not we actually just adopted a cat this week. Crazy! That makes a total of 8 pets for us (2 dogs, 4 birds, 1 sugar glider, and 1 cat). With this huge love for animals, I ended up studying to be a Veterinary Technician. Though I haven’t finished my degree and have worked as an assistant, I still continue to have love and compassion for our animals, domestic and wildlife.
Ok enough about me.
What is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is an award that only exists online. It was first established in 2011 and it is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. You can find more information here.
Rules for The Liebster Award
The rules are pretty simple. I have to answer 11 questions that are asked by the bloggers who nominated me. Then I have to give 11 Random Facts about myself to then nominate 5 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions of my own. There are several different set of rules and you can find all of those here.
These are the rules I am following.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you. Post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog. Has to be on your post and/or widget.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself (provided by person who nominated you).
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. Must have less than 1,000 followers on their blog.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post by copy paste.
- After publishing this post, inform the people/blogs that you nominated thaty they have been nominated for the Liestbster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Questions I Have To Answer From Artist Mother
- Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most? I’ve only visited the US but out of the states and territories I have been to I must say Puerto Rico and Hawaii have a very special place in my heart.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? Uffff. This is a tough one as I am such a chicken. I would say a roller coaster. Did it once without knowing and never again.
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be? I would first take my husband and my little ones. Second my mom or dad.
- Bike or Train? Another tough one. I guess it depends where we are going. To the beach? Let’s take a bike. To travel to another city? I’ll take the train. I remember taking the train when I was little to Washington D.C. and it was so cool.
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world? My parents for sure. The next one will be my wanderlust. I also like to follow a few bloggers and influencers who travel for a living and admire all of their work. Seeing them be able to travel the world makes me know that one day I can do it too.
- What is the best memory that you have while travelling? I think this one goes to the time we got snowed in on our road trip to Philly. We had stopped in Virginia for the night and my brothers and I begged my mom and dad to let us go to the park so we can learn to snowboard. I didn’t think they would until I saw them make the turn away from the highway and to the park.
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to? I would give it to my home of Puerto Rico. The hurricane Maria has completely devastated the island and destroyed it. So many people lost their homes, family members, and even their cars. They need your help. Read this post to see how you can help.
- Apple or Samsung? Samsung Galaxy all the way.
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while travelling? Well this story is very interesting. I remember going with my mom, my titi Mayi, my best friend Ixey and two brothers Alex and James to see this museum of The Ark. Yes the famous Ark of Noah. On our way there the whole hood of the car came flying up shattering the windshield and making a dent on the top of the van. It was very scary but we prayed and still managed to make it to the museum.
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited: Crashboat Beach in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico; Lanikai Beach in Lanikai, Hawaii on the island of Oahu; Caja de Muerto in Ponce, Puerto Rico
- How did travelling change your life? Traveling has changed my life for the better. It has helped me to be humble, compassionate of others, and to accept others cultures, ethnicity, traditions, religions, etc. It has also helped me learn from others and helped inspire to do what I do here on my blog.
Questions I have To Answer From A Millennial Spirit
- What do you consider to be your ultimate goal with blogging? I want to be able to inspire others to travel, explore, unplug and enjoy the world we live in. Also, I want to represent brands that give back to the world whether its by planting trees, donating food, or even providing clean water to other countries. I also want to be able to show parents ways of teaching their kids to enjoy the outdoors and appreciate it. I feel like doing this will not just help create precious memories and bonds with each other but also help our world in the future to bloom beautifully.
- How has the blogging community influenced you? I have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people such as my dear friend Katie over at The Katie Show Blog and Valeria Hinojosa over at Water Thru Skin. They are my favorites and have both inspired me in many different ways. I have also seen many bloggers make a huge positive impact in our community and our followers and I hope to one day inspire others as many bloggers have inspired me.
- What do you think is the most crucial thing a blogger needs (could be a product or a trait) to succeed? Passion and determination. I think if you have passion for what you do readers can feel that vibe when they read your posts. Having passion will not only help you grow but will show your readers that you are a genuine blogger with integrity, determination, and love for what you write about and not blogging for a few quick bucks here and there.
- What is the biggest challenge you feel you’ve overcome with blogging and how did you overcome it? I think my biggest fear was reaching out to brands that inspired me. I started working with a few brands as brand ambassadors but to actually work with a brand on a different and more personal level was something I feared. Eventually I realized that even if they let me down or denied my offer (which this happens) that I at least learned something from it. The first brand I reached out to was SunBum. I didn’t know how to pitch and I just wrote an email down, read it about a good 10 times and sent it with my fingers crossed. After doing more research I realized my email was obviously going to be denied or thrown to the side. I have now learned how to conquer that fear and learned how to send more precise and detailed emails to brands that I admire and love.
- Do you feel like your other job(s)/life ever impede your progress with blogging? If yes, how do you handle those distractions? Oh Emmmm Geeeeeee!!!! Yes! Right now we have one car so between taking my husband to work, then my daughter to school, doing everything at home, running errands, then picking up my daughter, and then my husband it is really really tough. When I had a job at the Vet Hospital I completely fell behind on both my shop and my blog. It took me a while (and still a work in progress) but I have learned how to manage things. I try to have a mental schedule of what I am going to do that day but am planning to start doing an actual schedule cause I lose track of my time. I want to do something like from 9 to 11 I will be blogging and doing laundry, 11-1 I will put the clothes away and lunch, etc.
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned from blogging? Passion and determination. I have learned that when you work or do something it needs to be something that you enjoy. This joy you grow and build inside eventually turn into passion. I have also learned that with blogging you have to be determined to work long and hard for several weeks or even months before you see some income coming in. If you don’t plan to put this determination into your blog and your website you will eventually lose hope and most likely miss out on a very great opportunity.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? This is probably the hardest one as I want to travel the world and every single country in it.
- Do you have any pets to keep you company in your blogging work (and if you do, feel free to post pics)? Yes, I have 8 fur/feathery babies. I currently have 4 parakeets (Tuti, Stardust, and twins from the same egg with no names), 2 dogs (Opie and Yara), a sugar glider (Yoda), and a cat that we just adopted this week who still has no name.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am absolutely terrified of roaches, worms, roller coasters, falling (like from a building or a plane in the sky) and dolls.
- Love, love, love photography and want to learn more but don’t consider myself a photographer quiet yet.
- I was terrified to have any kids of my own and even more terrified of other people’s kids but now I love being a mom.
- Frogs! I think they are super cute and adorable.
- Growing up I used to sit outside with my brothers looking through the telescope for hours at the stars, constellations, moon, and even sat to watch the meteor showers when we could. I used to want to be an astronomer. My favorite constellation is Orion and my favorite star in this constellation is Betelgeuse found on the top left shoulder (left looking at the constellation).
- I hate laundry days. Something about folding and putting the clothes away has always been a challenge for me.
- I hate politics and don’t understand it.
- I have a slight obsession with chocolate, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and well… sweets.
- I used to eat a whole Pepperidge Farm Cake Chocolate Fudge all by myself in a weeks time. Don’t ask.
- Growing up I hated gardening, now I wish I had learned more from my mom so I can live off my little bit of land.
- I love to sleep in. If you let me sleep in till 1 I would. Mom life doesn’t let me go pass 7 now.
I want to nominate:
Katrina from This Life In Color Blog
Stacey from Oh That Stacey
Hosanna from A Well Traveled Mom
Melissa from Moments & Memoirs
Keani from Keani Travel
I also wanted to nominate Katie from The Katie Show Blog and Kati from Expedition Education Blog but they both have already been nominated but still go check out there blog. They’re both pretty awesome.
- What brought you to start a blog? and what are your goals?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your favorite home made meal?
- What is your biggest passion?
- What country do you want to visit? One that you haven’t visited yet.
- What is one thing that you want to know but haven’t had the opportunity to learn it yet? Like playing an instrument or a new language.
- What country have you visited that you absolutely loved?
- What is your favorite season? Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? And why?
- Do you have any pets? Pictures welcomed.
- What is the craziest experience you can tell us? Funny stories and pictures welcomed.
- What is your favorite Starbucks drink? or any coffee shop and coffee from there?
Well to finish off, I want to once again say thank you to everyone for your great support and outpour of love and compliments. I will continue to do everything I can to inspire you guys. Thank you, I couldn’t of done it without you and for that I am very grateful. Hope you enjoyed my answers to the questions and don’t forget to checkout the bloggers I nominated or gave a shout out too. They are all pretty awesome.