Last year The Walking Mermaid was nominated for three very amazing blogging awards. Three!!! I am so truly grateful for this and couldn’t be any happier. I was nominated previously for the Liebster Award and also the Sunshine Blogger Award.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated.
We were nominated by our fellow blogger Lindsay over at Millennial Mindset. Thank you Lindsay for being so sweet and following along on my journey. You nominating me for this award means a lot to me and is greatly appreciated.
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
Story of how our blog started
Two pieces of advice to give to new bloggers
- Choose a blog name that will stand out. I chose The Walking Mermaid. After all, I am a mermaid at heart. I have a huge passion for the ocean and every living organism that lives amongst the depths of the oceans but I also love to walk on trails to the top of the mountains and the bottom in the valleys. Choosing a blog name that stands out and that describes you is key. I see so many blogs out there with similar names. Do your research and be creative. It took me about 3 months to finally find a name that I absolutely LOVE.
- Be YOU!!! People want to read your blog cause they like your adventures. They don’t want to only hear about all the key details of the park but they also want a personal opinion from someone that they trust. They want to hear about your trip, your funny stories, precious moments, and how you made it possible. Writing a blog post is like telling a story to someone but more professionally worded.
- Here’s an extra piece of advice. Be HONEST and don’t sell yourself out. Blogging is a not a “get rich quick scheme.” There’s a lot of hard work going into the blogging world before you get noticed and start seeing an income come in. Don’t give up though. Stay true to yourself, determined, and consistent. One day all of your hard work will start to pay off.
- Katie from The Katie Show Blog
- Kati from Expedition Education
- Haley from Voyages Of Mine
- Hosanna and her adorable son Matteo from A Well Traveled Mom
- Jem from Little Adventures
- Krystall from Wild Nemophilist
- Keani from Keani Travel
- Brittany from The Hiking Initiative
- Sara from Sara Owen Photography
- Lauren from Outside Vibe Photography
Congratulations to you all! These blogs definitely deserve the recognition. I love following all of their adventures, stories, outdoor tips, and talented photography.
Thank you again to Lindsay for the nomination.
Who would you nominate for this award? Let me know in the comments below. I like to find new bloggers to follow. 🙂