What To Bring
With kids, bringing extras and coming prepared is always a must. Here’s a quick packing list of items that you need to adventure to this beautiful waterfall.
- Camera – I brought my GoPro, phone, and camera to take the best pictures.
- Hydration – I took my Hydroflask to keep my daughter’s and I hydrated with nice cold water.
- Baby carrier – If you are bringing little ones it is important to bring something that they can sit in when they get tired. I used my Ergo baby carrier which I absolutely love and they give back to children in need. Read more about it here.
- Snacks or a lunch – Especially when you bring kids. Here’s a list of snacks for kids on the go.
- Comfortable sneakers.
- Appropriate clothing. Avoid jeans, cotton, etc which will make you hot and exhausted.
- Headband (optional) – I used a scrunchy instead.
- Baby Wipes – There’s no restrooms on the trail, only in the gift shop by the parking lot so it is very important you bring something to clean your little ones with.
- Extra change of clothes for your little ones.
- Trash bag – Please don’t leave trash on the trail. Pack out what you pack in. Including that toilet paper you used when you had to go.
- Hand Sanitizer – I’m a clean freak so I always have hand sanitizer with me. You never know when you have to change a diaper, wipe your child’s butt, or clean up a mess you little ones made.
- Small first aid kit – You know, for the boo boos your little ones may get.
Length: 1.5 miles round trip
Waterfall: 150 foot fall.
Elevation: 784 feet
Cost: Parking – $3
Small shop by the parking area to refresh at after the hike.
3860 Manoa Rd.,
Honolulu, HI 96822
Thank you for reading and I hope this helps serve you as a guide for this hike. To view more check out these posts from our adventures in Oahu, Hawaii or just go to our Hawaii section of the blog.