As the new year 2018 arrives in just a few days I want to take a moment to reflect on this last year and set up some new goals for my blog. I’m sure all of us are looking back at this year, which by the way seems like it flew by, wondering what all we accomplished. The obstacles that came our way and how we overcame them. The goals we had set for this new year and if we achieved them. Even all of the new friends we made, promotions, new jobs, life changing events, you name it.
Reflecting on 2017
2017 started not so on the right page. We entered 2017 with a huge life changing event that affected our family as a whole. I have been very private about what the circumstances were (and still are) but we have managed to learn from it, adapt, and move on. Due to this event we were forced to pack up and move from Florida back into our home in Tennessee but on the bright side, we learned to overcome this obstacle and grow from it as a whole as well as closer together. My husband found a good paying job, my daughter Bella started Kindergarten and loves it, and I have grown my blog, Instagram, and even joined Usborne Books and More to make some extra income at home. (Ask me how you can join my team here.)
Despite the setbacks, we’ve had some pretty awesome moments as well. We may not have traveled to other countries like bigger bloggers have, but we have hiked up mountains, visited beaches, seen the epic solar eclipse of 2017, and even chased waterfalls. I have learned that it’s not just about the places you go to but who you go with and the silly moments that make these trips memorable. These are the moments that make you forget about all the downfalls in life.
Blog Achievements of 2017
Here’s a few of my achievements for this year for my blog. It was not easy work but it’s not impossible either.
- I have worked with some pretty amazing brands such as Joobles, This Bar Saves Lives, Hydroblu, and Sand Cloud.
- I have been nominated for 3 different awards this year. Yes 3!!! 🙂 I am so excited. I still have 2 to write about and add to my blog. These awards are: The Liebster Award, The Blogger’s Recognition Award, and The Sunshine Blogger Award.
- I have done a few blog collaborations as well:
- My Instagram reached 1,100 followers.
- I transferred my site to WordPress and hosted with Site Ground.
It’s still not exactly near to where I want my blog to be at but how 2017 started I didn’t see my blog being where it’s at now either. So for all bloggers out there… work work work. Trust me that it will all pay off soon.
Blog Goals for 2018
I have a few more blog goals then before. The more I learn about blogging and everything that goes with it, the more my list of goals grows. This is a good thing. Goal setting just gives you something to work for and at the end of the year it is good to go back and see what all you have accomplished, so here’s my goals for the new year.
- Instagram followers: 5,000 – 10,000.
- Pinterest followers: 1,000-2,000.
- Facebook followers: 500+
- Blog Views: 50,000+
Blog Stats for 2017
- Instagram followers: 1,142
- Pinterest followers: 404
- Facebook followers: 95
- I would post my blog stats but they are currently out of whack since my recent move to WordPress. They were at almost 10K monthly views but due to SEO and Analytics still being updated to each individually post it is down to 2,300. Please keep in mind that the change from platforms was done in October and it takes a few months for Google to catch up with the SEO updates I have been making to each individual post (which I am still not done doing but working on every week).
Personal Goals for 2018
With every new year there’s goals not just for your business, but for yourself as a whole.
- I want to be closer to God and attend church more often.
- Be debt free.
- Learn more about photography.
- Be a better wife and mother. There is always room to grow on this one.
- Live a healthier lifestyle.
- Live a more active lifestyle as well.
- Travel more.
- Promote to Team Leader at Usborne Books and More.
- Grow my blog and social media.
- Be more organized and stick to my planner day in and day out.
Well this is my yearly summary. What are some of your goals for the new year and how do you plan on achieving them?
Happy New Years and may it bring you happiness, peace, and memories to last you a lifetime.