Growing up vegetarian meant eating a lot of tofu in substitute to meats and eggs. This tofu scramble is one of my favorite childhood recipes that my mom used to make me. She added much more to it so this is, I guess, my version of my mom’s recipe. Kudos to my mom for always cooking healthy and delicious recipes for me that always had me begging for more.
- 1 pack of Firm Tofu
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 an apple
- 1/4 of a green pepper
- 1/4 of an onion
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Sazón or Achiote or Turmeric
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
I usually use Sazón for many of my recipes but you can use much healthier options as well such as achiote or turmeric. You can even use paprika as well if you like that extra spice to it.
For the apple you can put a whole apple to it but I always use 1/2 an apple. With the peppers and onions you can use up to 1/2 of each depending on the size of it. I love garlic so I usually use 3 to 4 cloves of garlic but you can use less or more depending on how you like it.
Other ingredients you can add to it are celery, ginger, red peppers, and carrots (shredded or thinly sliced).
1. Dice green peppers, onions, and apples, press the garlic cloves, and with a fork, crumble the tofu.
2. Add olive oil to a frying pan and sautee the green peppers, onions, and garlic.
3. Add the apples and seasonings and stir for a few minutes.
4. Add the tofu, 1 pack of sazón, and seasoning to taste. Sautee till tofu is almost dry.
5. Serve and enjoy!
View more of The Walking Mermaid’s favorite recipes here.
Pin For Later