“A delicious vegan grilled cheese?” you may be asking yourself. Yes!!! Very delicious! I didn’t think it was going to taste this good either but it did. About two weeks ago I went to Tree Of Life to meet with Leslie and discuss a few things. One of those things included diets. She asked me if I would ever consider going vegan. I’m not going to lie. The first thing that came to mind was cheese, eggs, and honey. I can’t imagine life without them. I love my boiled or fried eggs in the morning, the 1 tablespoon of raw local honey has kept the allergies away, and well I have a deep love with cheese. Yes! I can add cheese to just about any dish I cook.
As we walked through Tree Of Life, Leslie introduced me to two cheeses. One is the vegan nacho cheese by Vegan Valley which is 100% plant-based and organic made with cashews. I was very scared to try this cheese. Growing up, all the vegan cheeses that I tried tasted really gross and I always ended up going back to “real” cheese. This vegan nacho cheese though is quite the opposite of gross. It tastes just like any other nacho cheese I have ever bought (FYI – I am munching on some chips and nacho cheese as I type this). My three-year old daughter, who is very picky, is munching away with me on this dip.
The second cheese I was introduced too was the Vegan Smoked Gouda Cheese by Follow Your Heart. I have never had Smoked Gouda Cheese before so this was a fun one for me. I decided to look for some recipe inspiration on Pinterest and found this recipe here which inspired me to create a vegan version of it.
Vegan Gouda Grilled Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Tomato – sliced
- Wheat Bread
- Smoked Gouda Cheese from Follow Your Heart – Available at Tree Of Life
- In a bowl pour a little bit of olive oil, pinch of salt, some pepper and oregano, and mix.
- Spread the mixture on one side of the bread. You will be using olive oil instead of butter.
- Put the bread on the skillet to toast and place on one side the Smoked Gouda Cheese. On the other slice place the lettuce and tomato.
- Once the bread starts getting toasted unite it and press with spatula. Flip as needed until both sides are crispy.
- Cut in half and enjoy.
Tree Of Life
Tree Of Life is an organic store located in downtown Clarksville, Tennessee. For all of my Clarksville readers, Tree Of Life is the place to shop for all of your organic, eco-friendly, locally grown products for both your home, family, and yourself.
30 Crossland Avenue
Clarksville, TN 37040